Michael B. Jordan Reveals His Biggest Challenges Directing 'Creed III's Boxing Scenes

As the Creed movies are part of the bigger Rocky universe, there's also the question of how to differentiate one movie from the others. The key variety Jordan wanted was making the boxing matches different. He shared that while it was tough, it helped him change things up. He also drew inspiration from a major outside source:

"It was a gift and a curse. There’s been eight other movies before me, and we’ve shot – you can shoot a boxing match so many different ways. I think ‘cause I was kinda put in a corner, it forced me to be more creative and really think outside the box of how to make the fights different...and I had a huge Japanese anime influence on a lot of my fighters."

クリード』は『ロッキー』という大きな作品の一部であるため、1つの作品をどう差別化するかという問題もあります。ジョーダンが望んだ重要なバラエティは、ボクシングの試合を異なるものにすることでした。彼は、大変ではあったが、それによって物事を変化させることができたと語っている。また、彼は大きな外部からのインスピレーションを得た。

「それは才能であり、呪いでもある。私の前に8本の映画がありましたが、ボクシングの試合はいろいろな方法で撮影することができます。そして、多くのファイターに日本のアニメの影響を与えたんだ」。

https://collider.com/creed-3-michael-b-jordan-directing-comments/